pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Things that go bump

30 June 2017

Things that go bump


Milton, helping with computers
14 July 2016

Sometimes when I'm stuck and can't think what to write (or don't want to go off on a rant), I'll go back and look at photos from a random year--I picked last year today--to see what I was doing during the same period of time.

So, a year ago, I was tearing down old computers. As you can see, I had help. He always helped me with whatever I was doing, and he liked climbing on computers. Because they were warm. Because they had fans. Because he was Milton.

That this is what came up in the photo archive wasn't a surprise. I was bumping into Milton all day today: shredding old files, and there was the receipt from his last surgery. Turn the corner and swear I see him, until the shadow in the corner resolved itself into a bag. I see these photos and he hasn't been gone for nearly 3 months. My eyes always go automatically to his left hip, assessing. But there is no tumor. He is whole and beautiful.

And gone.

Tech stuff: Taken with my iPhone6.
For the feed reader folk (because you don't see this on the blog sidebar): Talk to me: OutOfTh3Kitchen at gmail dot com. For additional information on this site's cookie usage, go here.

No comments: