pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Line in the sand

16 June 2017

Line in the sand


White Sands National Monument, New Mexico
10 July 2007

I've largely held my peace since the general election last November. Don't mistake my silence for approval, however. I've actually written a great deal about it, but little of what I've written has seen the light of day. (Short version: I'm enraged with politicians in general, and both political parties specifically. But also idiocy along with its friend incivility.) I decided that I didn't want to be part of the rage and the hate, though I certainly feel both in abundance. But to add mine to the general melting pot is so pointless. Yes, I have a point of view, but sometimes keeping one's opinion to oneself is the better part of valor.

In the wake of the shooting during practice for the Congressional softball game, I've finally seen two major news outlets acknowledge that we no longer have civil discourse in this country, just hatred. Everyone has an opinion--and you know what they say about those--and few people seem to mind airing theirs in the most definite and profane ways possible. Hey, I get the frustration and the sense of being unheard, but what should be reasoned resistance has turned into something (or rather, many somethings) else entirely.

But by continuing in this vein, I risk doing exactly what I'm trying not to do. So, I'll return to silence on the matter.

Just know that for me, this is the line in the sand.

Tech stuff: Taken with a Canon PowerShot S110. I think this is the first time I've ever deliberately reused a photo. What is actually funny is that I re-edited it...to create the identical print I'd used before. Nothing like consistency.
For the feed reader folk (because you don't see this on the blog sidebar): Talk to me: OutOfTh3Kitchen at gmail dot com. For additional information on this site's cookie usage, go here.

No comments: