pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: In the end

11 April 2017

In the end

 
Milton
9 April 2017
 
When I first held Milton in Tucson, August 11, 2001, he was a frightened 5-month-old kitten who tried to bury himself into my chest, purring deeply and wildly.
 
He died today, April 11, 2017, victim of a cruel joke called a rabies shot. It was his last rabies shot that gave him cancer.
 
I stroked him and murmured to him as he died, thanking him for all the love and comedy he'd given me. I told him how much I loved him, how glad I was that we belonged to each other.
 
The last thing he did was purr.
 
Tech stuff: Taken with my iPhone6. Milton was very susceptible to catnip. I made him pillows and filled them with his drug of choice. This last one I made a couple of weeks ago. He slept on it even after he became too ill to be amused by it.
For the feed reader folk (because you don't see this on the blog sidebar): Talk to me: OutOfTh3Kitchen at gmail dot com. For additional information on this site's cookie usage, go here.

No comments: