pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Always up to something

12 January 2017

Always up to something


Milton
10 March 2007

I was the enfant terrible, always asking the questions I wasn't supposed to. And of course, one day when I was 7 or 8, I asked the question about my dog going to heaven. And was told that my dog didn't have a soul, so wouldn't be going to heaven.

"Then I won't go to heaven either, " I announced.

You can see how I ended up raised-as-a-Catholic but at the end of the day, not a Catholic.

So this is where we are.

The tumors have returned. Their growth seems to have accelerated. We are out of options. I would like weeks, but I suspect days.

And there it is.

I hope that if I gave him anything in all our years together, it was knowledge that love and security existed for him. That he and his perfect little cat soul have been so loved. That if there is an afterlife, I am content to spend it with the animals.

Tech stuff: Taken with a Canon PowerShot S110. It's true. I prefer animals to most people.
For the feed reader folk (because you don't see this on the blog sidebar): Talk to me: OutOfTh3Kitchen at gmail dot com. For additional information on this site's cookie usage, go here.

No comments: