pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Sweet dreams

21 September 2016

Sweet dreams

 
Milton
21 September 2016
 
I make him pillows filled with catnip. They are little, hand sewn from fat quarters of fabric I picked up at a now defunct quilting store. He dances under my feet while I fill them, still able to smell the fragrance that is so irresistible. When it's finished, he grabs it from my hands, rolls on the floor with it, holding it between his paws, rubbing his face with it, and finally, exhausted, goes to sleep with it under his head or a paw.
 
******************
 
It happened so fast. Sunday night, I felt a lump near his left hip. Took him in to the vet. We're waiting on labs, but the vet is a pragmatist, and I guess I am, too. We saved him 5 and a half years ago. I don't think we'll be so lucky this time.
 
Tech stuff: Taken with my iPhone6.
For the feed reader folk (because you don't see this on the blog sidebar): Talk to me: OutOfTh3Kitchen at gmail dot com. For additional information on this site's cookie usage, go here.

No comments: