pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Open windows

01 June 2016

Open windows


Potomac River and Virginia
From a Georgetown rooftop
Washington, DC
19 May 2016

It is summer-ish, so I have the windows open. I am dedicated to the proposition of not running the air-conditioning, at least until it is replaced. Or it's 95F out. And because the windows are open, I can hear the drunken neighbors to the rear screaming at each other. This has been going on for 10 or 12 years, however long they've lived back there. Occasionally, they seem to be throwing major appliances at each other, and I've called the sheriff a couple of times when it seemed that the screaming was going to escalate to real violence. It hasn't been that bad for awhile, though.

[remainder of post redacted]

Ah, summer. And the joy of open windows.

Tech stuff: Taken with my iPhone6. Don't get me wrong; I am not styling myself the perfect neighbor. And I'm sure that the people renting next door were cursing me at 4 this morning when I was coughing up both lungs, even though I had the windows closed.
For the feed reader folk (because you don't see this on the blog sidebar): Talk to me: OutOfTh3Kitchen at gmail dot com. For information on this site's cookie usage, go here.

No comments: