pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Better than the way we had

17 May 2016

Better than the way we had


Snowy spine
27 March 2016

Gods, moment of panic. I realized it was almost 8:30 and the daughter has a final at 10 and had not yet appeared.

Endings, endings. Which invariably lead to beginnings. Somehow four years passed. Somehow a year passed. Somehow I have two adults.

I tell myself: you got them to adulthood. You raised them to be responsible, caring people. You gave them everything you could: every drop of love, every bit of advice, active worry and instruction. Your watch has ended. It's up to them now.

They will succeed. They will fail. You taught them about both. You also tried to teach them about grace. You gave them wings.

Now they have to use them.

Let them use them.

Tech stuff: Taken with my iPad.
For the feed reader folk (because you don't see this on the blog sidebar): Talk to me: OutOfTh3Kitchen at gmail dot com. For information on this site's cookie usage, go here.

No comments: