pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Shooting RAW

11 April 2016

Shooting RAW


Haunting
Williamsburg, Virginia
24 March 2016

Minds out of the gutter. I'm referring to the file format.

I'm terrifically lazy when it comes to learning the finer points of DSLRs. I learned to shoot on film cameras, learned to process film, learned to create photos in a darkroom. I won an award! All well and good, but I have learned to love the instant gratification of the DSLR since I bought my first real one about 8 years ago. The instruction manual for the D7000 is sitting on my washing machine.

Someday I'll read it.

Anyway, I've been encouraged to shoot using RAW because it creates a better image (and an enormous file), so I decided to set up the camera to shoot both file formats and I played a bit while in Williamsburg. This is the result. I shot with available light and this is unedited except for the water mark. Because really, I should have taken the streetlight glow out from the upper right.

So, wanna hear some ghost stories? We got some...

Tech stuff: Taken with my Nikon D7000.
For the feed reader folk (because you don't see this on the blog sidebar): Talk to me: OutOfTh3Kitchen at gmail dot com. For information on this site's cookie usage, go here.

No comments: