pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Off to Austin...again!

21 September 2015

Off to Austin...again!


Austin, Texas
23 April 2013

If you'd told me as I took this photo that I'd be visiting Austin again...and again...and again over the course of 2 years, I would have laughed and said, "Sure. Whatever!"

But the daughter and I will be in Austin, again, at the end of next month.

And that is because the daughter's short film will be showing at the Austin Film Festival in the Young Filmmaker Competition. Which is freaking awesome.

(Fun fact: the bomber jacket that figures so prominently in the film was actually purchased in Austin last September--Lucy In Disguise With Diamonds!--when the daughter and I visited UT, and D. took us around SoCo.)

The daughter is beyond excited. The Civil War story for which she wrote the screenplay made it into three festivals last year, but she can't wait to show the work that she directed.

Tech stuff: Taken with my iPhone4. Bonus points on this trip because we get Chica Time with D. A good time will be had all around.

For the feed reader folk (because you don't see this on the blog sidebar): Talk to me: OutOfTh3Kitchen at gmail dot com.

No comments: