pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: The conversations

09 July 2015

The conversations

 

Ascension triumphant
Tour Eiffel
Paris, France
7 July 2012

Incoming text from Washington D.C. at 6:08 this morning:

The son: Goo goo g'joob?

Me: Expert texpert choking smoker

Me: Semolina pilchard!

The son: Don't you think the Joker laughs at you?

Me: Don't do drugs!

The son: Climbing up the Eiffel Tower!

Me: You are the Eggman

The son: Well I can't well call you a walrus. :[

Me: Not if you know what's good for you. :3


******************************************

Six months ago:

The daughter: But MOM! I have that Friday off! I can totally go to New Orleans with you.

Me: You've got a ticket for Irvine.

The daughter: But I don't want to go to only one show!

(oh eerie echo of your mother)

Me: You'd have to fly to New Orleans by yourself because I will be in Texas.

Daughter looks stricken.

Me: See? And you'd have to fly out on Thursday because remember what happened when we went to Austin to look at UT?

Daughter, looking equal parts stricken and determined: But Mommmmmmmieeeeeeeeeee...

And that, my friends, is why I'm flying to Utah this weekend.

Tech stuff: Taken with my NikonD40.

No comments: