pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Show Number FORTY

30 July 2015

Show Number FORTY

 
Irvine Meadows Amphitheater
Irvine, California
30 July 2015
 
The first time I saw Rush, I saw them at Irvine Meadows. A long time ago. I had terrible seats. But the band was off the hook, so it kind of didn't matter. And I love the sound at Irvine Meadows, so I was happy.
 
That show ignited...something. I'm not sure that there is a word or words for it. I'm not sure I want to examine it too closely. If live music were an addiction, these guys are my drug of choice.
 
So, though it wasn't planned that way, I guess it was really appropriate I saw my fortieth Rush show at Irvine.
 
And it will be equally appropriate that I will see my 41st show on Saturday. I will have terrible seats. The band will be off the hook, so come what may, it kind of will not matter.
 
And I will be happy.
 
Tech stuff: Taken with my iPhone6.

No comments: