pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: These days

21 March 2015

These days


The near, well-lit, well-known, California
21 March 2015

The Irvine Company and friends have conspired to make 99% of Orange County look just like this. So it wouldn't even matter if I told you where we were. It all looks exactly the same.

(Camazotz, for those of you who actually read as children, and are roughly my vintage. The rest of you: read Madeleine L'Engle's A Wrinkle in Time. Better yet, read it aloud to a kid.)

Yes, I'm cranky. It was a long day of filming. Also, I recently realized that when the daughter heads off to college, I might be able to escape Orange County on a permanent basis. Seventeen uncomfortable years are 17 too many.

Tech stuff: Taken with my iPhone6. And to be fair, much as I dislike this place, it's been a pretty safe place to raise my children. Everything happens for a reason.

No comments: