pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Another song

04 October 2013

Another song


Off Cape Farewell, Greenland
31 July 2008

I was flipping through photos and there you were.

The look on your face made me catch my breath. I always saw the smile. I never saw the light.

You come to me in dreams. Our conversations are so real--especially the ones when you are angry with me--that I wake confused, absolutely certain that I'd just been speaking with you. I feel your presence, as if you'd just left the room. If I could reach out...

Another year. You again. And again. I laugh quietly remembering this moment and that moment. If I had only...

What? The gulf was too wide. I didn't know how to bridge the gap. Oh there are ways, but those ways are not my ways. Like an iceberg, there is more to me than meets the eye. And I am a private person, not prone to revealing myself in public.

You look so damn happy. This breaks my heart but also makes it skip a beat. There is time yet, a tiny voice whispers.

Somewhere a clock is ticking. But at least it's still ticking.

Tech stuff: Taken with my Nikon D40.

No comments: