pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Breakfast of champions

28 August 2013

Breakfast of champions


Orb weaver
(aka Big Orange Spider California)
Orange County, California
28 August 2013

This is a baby. She's really still quite small, and throughout the autumn, will grow several sizes larger. And likely oranger. I love these spiders because they're useful and beautiful and make amazing webs, although I need to remind myself not to go wandering in the garden at night this time of year because one tends to walk straight into the webs. At any given time, there are usually 6 or 7 in the back, 1 or 2 in the front and at least one where we store the garbage cans. That's the one I'm most likely to walk into.

A closer view:


Tech stuff: Taken with my Nikon D40, Nikkor 1:1.8G lens, natural light. And now a word on my photos: I am an amateur photographer, a hobbyist. I photograph and publish what interests me, sometimes what I think looks nice, bits and pieces of my life. Sometimes other people like these things, too. I don't make any money on this blog. There is no advertising, no revenue stream.  I've gotten very aggressive about watermarking my photos because some people think it's ok to republish my photos elsewhere (usually ad-laden spam blogs) without attribution. That's copyright infringement, folks. It does not qualify as fair use, especially if you're making money off my work without my express permission to do so, even if you do include a link back to my blog. That said, if you see something you like and you'd like to purchase a photo without a watermark, feel free to contact me. If you wish to use one of my photos for educational purposes, you may also contact me and we'll see what we can arrange. I don't bite. Much.

No comments: