pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Today

22 May 2013

Today


Iceberg
Off Cape Farewell, Greenland
31 July 2008

Five years ago, I took this photo of a huge, awe-inspiring chunk of ice. Strange to think that it's gone now, and a photo is what remains.

I thought a lot about the passage of time today. What remains, what is gone. I thought about what I was doing five years ago today, and that makes me smile. That always makes me smile.

Life is strange. Life is wonderful.

I hear whispers, see signs. "Be prepared," they all say.

It's good to have a goal. It's good to want to meet a challenge.

So much is ephemeral, but often the more things change...

And change can be good. But sometimes, so are those things that stay the same.

Tech stuff: Taken with my Nikon D40. And the more I thought about it, the more I yearned to get back out in the world.  

No comments: