pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Somewhere

28 May 2013

Somewhere


Somewhere between Foynes and Limerick, Ireland
(I think)
15 July 2012

I tend to be quite focused on whatever I'm doing: working, gardening, reading a book, sewing, cooking, watching a concert. Frequently, I'm focused to the exclusion of all else around me. And so it is with travel. I like to be aware of my surroundings. I like to know where I am. I like to see what is there.

But this particular morning, we'd gotten an early start and I was just not there. The landscape sailed merrily by and I would think blearily, "Oh, a castle. Oh, a cow. Oh, I'll take a photo..."

And later, I had no idea what I'd seen or where.

(Right now, it occurs me that this was the day we visited a cave...but I've also got a mystifying photo of a stone head. Really, no clue at all where it was.)

Clearly, I need to go back and look again.

Tech stuff: Taken with my Nikon D40. My recent travels have made me antsy and I'm ready for more. I wanted to go back to Europe this summer, but there was just no way to make it happen. Just a couple more years...

No comments: