pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Public art

05 December 2012

Public art


Superlambanana
Liverpool, United Kingdom
20 July 2012

Honestly, most public art bemuses me. This was no exception, but apparently, the Superlambanana (I've seen it written a half dozen different ways, including Super Lamb Banana and Super Lambanana, so I've really no idea which is technically correct) has a long and celebrated history in Liverpool, and after hearing the story of the Liver Bird (another story and photo altogether), I suppose I'm sort of not surprised. In an odd way, it makes sense.  However, the clownish face on this one sent us all reeling back a bit because none of us is much of a fan of clowns (see Pennywise, the homicidal alien clown, creation of Stephen King).

Anyway. There it was.

Tech stuff: Taken with my Nikon D40.

No comments: