pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Infinite variety

27 December 2012

Infinite variety


Corona del Mar, California
18 June 2011

I love the ocean, but I'm not what I'd consider a beach person in that I don't go to the beach frequently and spend eons in the water. I actually prefer to stay out of the water after after a frightening experience off the coast of Maryland when I was 14, but I will endlessly watch the waves gather and break, gather and break.

This is one of my favorite stretches of beach, and near sun down is my favorite time to visit. It's usually close to deserted and the rock formations are wonderful. There are lots of good beaches in lots of places, and I've been fortunate to visit many, but this one is particularly tranquil. And it's a good place for photos. As I sorted through these pictures tonight, it was the case that I liked each one more than the last, and I looked at the waves crashing against the rocks, then pulling back again to reveal tiny, crystalline tide pools. Always changeable, never the same.

Tech stuff: Taken with my Nikon D40.

No comments: