pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Do you see what I see?

06 December 2012

Do you see what I see?


Architectural decoration
Houston, Texas
1 December 2012

Deb and I were in the bar enjoying a quiet drink (or three), and catching up on all the things one doesn't say in emails and texts. I was facing this pillar, and sometime halfway into my second drink, I realized that I wasn't looking at the pattern of the stone as a pattern in the stone, I was seeing medical imagery, probably because I have had to look at a lot of MRIs, PET scans and CAT scans in the course of some of the work I've done. 

Anyway, the more I looked and the more I contemplated, the more the image resolved itself into...well, look at it. And just as Deb was working her way into a really good diatribe, I leaned over and said softly, "Look. Look. It's a giant..."

And Deb looked and I more or less lost her under the table, as she sobbed with hysterical laughter into her napkin.

When she finished, I asked primly, "Now, what were you saying about...?"

It was that kind of weekend. Gods know, both of us needed it.

Tech stuff: Taken with my iPhone4.

No comments: