pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: The steps

01 November 2012

The steps


The Exorcist Steps
Washington, DC
12 October 2012

I've never seen The Exorcist. I was too young to see it when it hit the movie theaters, whenever that was, and later, I just never really had the desire. Besides, I'd heard so much about it (Linda Blair's head spinning! Gallons of pea soup everywhere!) that there didn't seem to be much point.

So as it stands, I am the only person I know who has never seen this movie. And evidently, there was more to it than Linda Blair's head and pea soup. Because I didn't know, until this past summer, that a character falls down a treacherous flight of stairs. These stairs.

It is evidently a Very Big Deal and quite the tourist attraction on its own.

Tech stuff: Taken with my iPhone4. Now what is interesting to me is that the wall to the left is part of the Car Barn where my great-grandfather worked. And are the steps treacherous? Oh yeah. I walked down them. Very slowly.

No comments: