pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Finding my way

23 October 2012

Finding my way


Kilfenora Cathedral
Kilfenora, County Clare, Ireland
15 July 2012

This actually was a lovely spot, and the cathedral, some of which is in ruins, dates back to the 12th century. Kilfenora is known for its high crosses, but the surrounding countryside is also gorgeous.

Disconcerting (and for me, physically difficult), however, was the need to pick one's way around, but mostly over, the graves within the walls. Everything was packed quite tightly, and there were hillocks and tufts of grass and rocks that had fallen out of borders and flower arrangements. I was trying desperately not to step on anyone (or fall over anything) so getting from one end of the site to the other was a bit of a challenge. But about the time that I reached this vantage point, the sun broke out and illuminated the morning.

Tech stuff: Taken with my Nikon D40. I'm also finding my way around a new photo editing package, which is taking some time.

No comments: