pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: Brave boats

30 August 2011

Brave boats


Chauncey Creek
Kittery Point, Maine
31 July 2011

I was raised on East Coast seafood, no big surprise since I was born in the mid-Atlantic region. So I had a secret plan to get to Maine on this trip.

One word. Lobster.

And the spouse, as it happened, had his own secret plan: get to Maine, just so he could say he's set foot there.

It was a gorgeous Sunday, hot and clear. The Platonic form of a summer's day.

The son and I had a lobster rolls. The daughter and spouse demurred, ordering chicken tenders and chili respectively. The son has a new appreciation for What Tastes Good.

Tech stuff: Taken with my Nikon D40. The photo was taken from the Chauncey Creek Lobster Pier, where we had lunch. In the wake of Irene, I looked at the photo this morning, and hoped they fared well. I know that the place we stayed in Vermont the night before was hit hard.

No comments: