pWdumaNjA-6CEEBhRoD5euxNETs When All This Actual Life Played Out: The birds and the bees

25 May 2010

The birds and the bees


Baby birds
25 May 2010

Okay, all together now: AWWWWWWW!

But you know that's not what I'm saying. You know I'm saying, "Poop machines!" and "Mites!" and "Bird flu!"

This is one of two nests that is actually attached to the house. I think these are sparrows, based on the fleeting glimpses I've gotten of Mom (mostly a hot, beady eye and a frantic, screaming flutter of wings). On the other side of the house, we have a nest full of black phoebes. Both sides are in intense competition to see who can scream the loudest all day long.




The bee
25 May 2010

And you can see how this one played out. The bee was perched happily on the buddleia, making a deep buzzing sound, and no sooner did I have it in focus (see, the place on the flower where it was perched is in focus), then the bee yelled, "No paparazzi!" and took off.

So it goes.

Tech stuff: Taken with my Nikon D40.

No comments: